Burgess Hill 'Place & Connectivity' Public Consultation Launched
16th May 2020
Burgess Hill residents are being asked to comment on proposals worth over £20 million which will see a number of measures introduced to improve how we travel around the town. 'Sustainability' is the name of the game.
The 'Place & Connectivity' project has been put together jointly by West Sussex County Council and Mid Sussex District Council. The Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership helped secure the funds. The full £21m is exclusively for Burgess Hill.
Have Your Say...
A six week 'virtual' consulation is taking place, with details of the projects listed on the BurgessHill.net website.
There's a feedback form with a checkbox next to each of the 11 items you may like to comment on. Ticking a box opens a text field for that specific item.
The areas the project looks at include:
- Burgess Hill to Haywards Heath Greenways
- Wivelsfield railway station area
- Burgess Hill railway station area
- Town Centre – Church Road / Church Walk improvements
- Town Centre – Western Gateway improvements
- Victoria Business Park access and connectivity
- Townwide greenlinks
- Triangle Leisure Centre access and connectivity
- Bus Infrastructure improvements
- Cycle parking
Comments from the public will be accepted up until the 25th June 2020. You can find the form here: https://burgesshill.net/joining-the-dots-place-and-connectivity-projects
|Spread the word! The public consultation for the Burgess Hill 'Place & Connectivity' project has begun.
Got an opinion on this story? Leave a comment below.....
Have you had an opportunity to look at the details of the project yet? What do you think?