Traffic Fears Confirmed As Maple Drive WILL Link To Isaacs Lane And The 3,500 Home Northern Arc Development In Burgess Hill
12th September 2018
Council documents have confirmed what residents had long suspected - with Maple Drive linking to Isaacs Lane and beyond as part of the wider 3,500 home Northern Arc development in Burgess Hill. The link road could be in place in just 2 years time.
The outline proposal for the whole of the Northern Arc
People first questioned the road network plans when an application came forward for 460 homes on land at Freeks Farm. Part of the children's playground on Maple Drive was to be lost in order to put in a new juction to feed to development. At the time, councillors were very coy when asked if the road would end up linking through to Isaacs Lane and beyond.
Now we know the plans and the timeline, residents are sure to be up in arms about what will be an inevitable major increase of traffic movements in a residential area which will see Maple Drive turned into a Rat Run.
Higlighted is the Freeks Farm development with will be phase one of the whole Northern Arc development
Proposed Link Road Timeline:
- Autumn 2018 - Consideration and determination of the Freeks Farm Planning Application (Ref: DM/18/0509) for 460 homes following the approval of the Masterplan and IDP and Phasing Strategy as material considerations;
- Winter 2018 – submission of the Northern Arc site wide outline application (excluding Freeks Farm) to be accompanied by a Design;
- Spring 2019 – submission of a full planning application for the Freeks farm Bridge and link road to Isaac’s Lane;
- Summer 2019 – determination of the Northern Arc site wide outline application;
- Summer 2019 – determination of the full planning application for the Freeks Farm Bridge and link road to Isaac’s Lane;
- Autumn 2019 – Submission of a reserved matters application for Freeks Farm;
- Winter 2019 – determination of the reserved matters application for Freeks Farm;
- Spring 2020 – construction to start on the Freeks Farm site; and
- Spring 2020 – construction to start on the bridge and link road to Isaac’s Lane.
The Maple Drive playground where the junction will be put to feed Isaacs Lane and the Northern Arc
|Spread the word! Maple Drive WILL link through to Isaacs Lane & the Northern Arc
Got an opinion on this story? Leave a comment below.....
What do you think of Maple Drive linking through to Isaacs Lane and the Northern Arc? How bad do you think the traffic problems could be as a result?