2014 will start with a whole TEN WEEKS of disruption at the London Road/Royal George Road/Lower Church Road crossroads as West Sussex Council Council have scheduled a large amount of maintenance work.
This will include:
- Upgrade of all existing obsolete signals equipment including installation of more energy efficient LED signal heads.
- Upgrade of underground signal cabling and installation of new ducting system.
- Improved footway area with refreshed tactile paving.
- Installation of pedestrian crossing points on each arm of the junction.
- Installation of intelligent traffic monitoring equipment for improved signal reactions.
- Traffic management will have a number of phases. The existing lights will be kept working for as long as possible before temporary 4 way traffic signals are put into operation during excavation and surface curing. Lane narrowing will be required at different times. Where possible all traffic management will be kept to a minimum to reduce impact.
If you’re a fan of 4 way temporary traffic lights, then you’ll be counting away the days until January 6th.